*Authorize contract with Adidas America, Inc. in the amount of $90,000 for anticipated power and maintenance costs for the following thirty years for a new traffic signal at N Greeley Ave and Adidas’ Driveway
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- Adidas intends to fund and construct a traffic signal at the intersection of N Greeley Ave and adidas’ driveway entering private property, and after construction completion and City acceptance, the City will be responsible for all future maintenance and repair of the traffic signal; and
- As this traffic signal will solely serve adidas employees and guests, Adidas has prepared a standard maintenance agreement to provide the City with a lump sum payment in the amount of $90,000 to cover anticipated power and maintenance costs for the traffic signal for the following thirty years (Exhibit A); and
- The City has a commitment to invest in external partnerships, including clarifying the priorities and expectations for each relationship; and
- The City has a commitment to reducing its unfunded maintenance liability by recouping costs associated with maintenance of traffic signals that solely serve private entities such as Adidas; and
- The City has an interest in creating a transportation system that is safe, comfortable, and accessible to people of all ages and abilities
The maintenance agreement states that adidas will pay the City a lump sum amount of $90,000 for thirty years’-worth of maintenance (estimated at $3,000 per year for thirty years).
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- That the Director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation is hereby authorized to execute the standard maintenance agreement with Adidas as attached.
- The Director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation is authorized to execute amendments, approved as to form by the City Attorney, to the scope of the services or the terms and conditions of this Agreement, provided the changes do not increase the City’s financial risk.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because it is necessary for adidas to provide payment for future reimbursement of maintenance expenses for this traffic signal; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
597 Consent Agenda in July 28-29, 2021 Council Agenda
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea