*Authorize Intergovernmental Agreement with Prosper Portland for FY 2021-22 economic development activities
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- Prosper Portland, as the duly-designated Urban Renewal agency of the City of Portland, is granted broad powers under ORS 457.170 and City Charter Chapter 15 for the planning and implementation of urban renewal projects and economic development activities. As part of this implementation, it has established expertise in economic development activities whose scope is restricted to the City’s urban renewal areas.
- A cooperative relationship between Prosper Portland and the City will be beneficial to the implementation of specific economic development activities including target industry development, entrepreneurial development and community economic development on a citywide basis.
- Funding has been appropriated in the City’s FY 2021-22 Adopted Budget for the above mentioned economic development activities.
- Both parties desire to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA), attached as Exhibit A, that will establish terms and conditions by which one party will engage and compensate the other party for performing specific services.
- The City Budget Office (“CBO”), as the City’s budget liaison to Prosper Portland, has been identified as the bureau responsible for managing this agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Budget Director is authorized to execute, on behalf of the City, an intergovernmental agreement with Prosper Portland, in a form substantially similar to the contract attached as Exhibit A, and by reference made a part hereof, upon approval to form by the City Attorney’s Office.
- The Budget Director is authorized to execute amendments to this IGA on behalf of the City, including those amendments related to the total compensation in the IGA, provided that such changes in total compensation have been duly appropriated by City Council, upon approval to form by the City Attorney’s Office.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay may interrupt Prosper Portland’s ability to carry out the activities as outlined in Exhibit A; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
593 Consent Agenda in July 28-29, 2021 Council Agenda
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea