Amend Harbors Code to revise usage of the Duckworth Dock Moorage and remove gender specific language (Amend Code Chapter 19.16)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- Resolution 37175 adopted the use of gender-neutral language in City policies. Gender specific language in Title 19 has been revised with gender-neutral language
- The Kevin J. Duckworth Memorial Dock is located in the Willamette River, south (upstream) of the Steel Bridge and attached to the Eastbank Esplanade.
- The Duckworth Memorial Dock is under sole ownership of the City of Portland and all previous restrictions of its use mandated by the Oregon State Marine Board are no longer in place.
- Moorage is no longer a desired use of the dock as other facilities on the river are available for that use; there is no need for a reservation system.
- A motorized drop off zone is established to provide a safe location for embarking and disembarking from the dock.
- It is important to have safe locations for different uses of the dock and this is provided by the zones.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- Code Chapter 19.16 Rules and Regulations is revised as shown in Exhibit A.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Passed to second reading
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea