*Amend Hearings Office Code to update and clarify procedures (Amend Code Title 22)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- City Code Title 22 establishes requirements for administrative hearings conducted by the City’s Code Hearings Office.
- Various provisions in Title 22 should be updated to address the Hearings Office’s new electronic case management system, delete filing fee requirements, explicitly authorize the Hearings Officer to postpone hearings due to City closures or emergencies, remove gender-specific language, correct typographical errors, and make minor style edits to promote consistency.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- Code Title 22 is amended as shown in Exhibit A.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because delay will prevent immediate implementation of needed administrative changes; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
311 Regular Agenda in May 5-6, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea