Here’s what you need to know:
- Be prepared to go through a security checkpoint at the main entrance at City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue. Learn more about the rules of conduct at City Council Meetings.
- Council meetings start at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday and will continue at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, if necessary. Meetings are held in Council Chambers on the second floor. Council Chamber doors open to the public a half hour before the meeting starts.
- Space is limited. If Council Chambers is at capacity, staff will direct you to an overflow room where you can watch, or participate in, the session live.
- Masks are not required but are appreciated.
- Watch the Council meeting:
- To testify before Council in person or virtually, you must sign up in advance. Here’s how:
- Use the QR code below to sign up on your mobile device.
- Visit the Council Agenda, www.portland.gov/council/agenda.
- Visit the Auditor’s Office on the first floor, Room 130, and sign up using the kiosk.
- Call 311 to sign up over the phone.
- The deadline for signing up closes just prior to the agenda item being called. The Presiding Officer may allow additional testimony without advance sign up.
- When testifying in person, reference the following instructions:
- The Council Clerk will call names of testifiers in groups.
- When your name is called, staff will direct you to a seating area for testifiers who are awaiting their turn.
- When your name is called to testify, please step forward to the testimony table, say your name for the record, and begin your testimony.
- Public comment is limited to three minutes per person unless otherwise stated at the meeting.
- A timer will be visible on the screen with an audible tone to signal the end of your allotted time. When your time is up, finish your sentence to conclude your testimony.
- Send written testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper copies are discouraged and will not be distributed directly to Council members. Paper copies must be brought to the Auditor’s Office on the first floor, Room 130, where they will be scanned and emailed to Council members.
- Questions? Text CLERK to 855-625-2050 to message the Council Clerk team or visit the Auditor’s Office on the first floor, Room 130, to speak with staff before or during the meeting.
Tap the QR code to access the Council Agenda, sign up to testify, and view other helpful resources.
The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to City programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids and services. Request these services online or call 503-823-4000, Relay Service: 711.