Personal Safety Workshops are designed to introduce adults to a variety of self-protective options in a short, non-physical, discussion format. The basic workshop covers:
- prevention strategies
- recognizing when one is being targeted for an attack
- the pros and cons of various options for ending an attack
Discussion is designed to help people identify their risks and evaluate their strengths, and to explore their options for dealing with the threat of violence.
- Co-ed work groups (90 minutes in length, does NOT include physical self-defense skills)
- For women identified people who have Intellectual or developmental disabilities (2 hours in length, includes physical self-defense skills)
- For women identified people who use mobility devices (2 hours in length, includes physical self-defense skills)
- Women's groups (90 minutes-2 hours in length, option of including physical self-defense skills)
- De-escalation training (3 hours in length)
- For your affinity group, we will tailor the workshop for your group!
Click here to register.