Microsoft CrowdStrike technology outage

Some City of Portland systems were impacted. Call 3-1-1 or 503-823-4000 with questions or non-emergency reports. Beware of cyber criminals impersonating CrowdStrike or other tech support. Information for City of Portland employees

7.02.620 Changes to Federal and/or State Tax Returns.

City Code Section

(Amended by Ordinance 187339, effective October 16, 2015.)

  1. A.  If a taxfiler’s reported net income under applicable Oregon laws imposing a tax on or measured by income is changed by the federal Internal Revenue Service or the Oregon Department of Revenue, or amended by the taxfiler to correct an error in the original federal or state return, a report of such change must be filed with the Division within 60 days after the date of the notice of the final determination of change or after an amended return is filed with the federal or state agencies.  The report must be accompanied by an amended tax return with respect to such income and by any additional tax, penalty, and interest due.
  2. B.  The Division may assess deficiencies and grant refunds resulting from changes to federal, state, city or county tax returns within the time periods provided for in Section 7.02.280, treating the report of change in federal, state, city or county tax returns as the filing of an amended tax return.
  3. C.  The Division may assess penalties and interest on the additional tax due as provided in Subsection 7.02.700 A. and 7.02.710 A., or may refuse to grant a refund of business taxes as a result of the amended tax return if the amended tax return is not filed with the Division within the time limits set forth in Subsection A.