City Code Section
- The Revenue Division Appeals Board (the “Appeals Board”) hears appeals and consists of the following members:
- A. A member of the public appointed by the City Auditor for a two year term that expires every even year.
- B. A member of the public appointed by the elected official in Charge of the Division, (whether that elected official is the Mayor or a Commissioner) for a two year term that expires every odd year.
- C. Three members of the public appointed by the Mayor, subject to confirmation by the City Council. In making the initial appointments, one member will be appointed for one year, one for two years and one for three years. After making the initial appointments, each member will serve for a term of three years.
- D. Appointments to the Appeals Board must provide for an appropriate level of expertise in accounting methods and tax regulation.
- E. No employee or agent of the City may be appointed to or serve on the Appeals Board.