(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 179802, 180659, 182213, 184427 and 189878, effective March 4, 2020.)
A. Except as specifically exempted by this Section, and in addition to the other requirements of this Chapter for professional, technical and expert service Contracts, the following procedures and requirements shall apply to any Contracts for legal services to be provided by attorneys outside of the Office of the City Attorney.
1. All City bureaus, agencies, or offices wishing to contract for legal services not provided by the City Attorney’s Office shall submit for approval in writing to the City Attorney all requests before any agreement is made to obtain any such outside legal services.
2. The Chief Procurement Officer has the authority to sign and approve Contracts and Contract Amendments for outside counsel allowed by this Chapter specifically Subsection 5.68.020 B.7. However, all billings and invoices for outside legal counsel’s services shall be directed to the City Attorney for review and approval prior to payment.
3. The Chief Procurement Officer shall not process any purchase requisition for outside legal services without the written approval of the City Attorney or designee.
4. The Accounts Payable Division shall not process for payment any billing or invoice for outside legal services without the written approval of the City Attorney or designee.
5. This Section does not apply to selection of bond counsel, who are selected in accordance with Section 5.68.070 of this Code. However, all billings and invoices of bond counsel shall be directed to the City Attorney for review and approval prior to payment.