City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinances 181547 and 185898, effective February 20, 2013.)
- The City shall solicit Bids for Public Improvement Contracts by Invitation to Bid ("ITB"), except:
- A. Contracts made with Qualified Nonprofit Agencies providing employment opportunities for disabled individuals, in which case the rules stated in Section 5.33.110 shall apply.
- B. Contracts, or classes of Contracts, exempted by the City Council pursuant to state law, including those stated in Section 5.34.830;
- C. A public improvement contract with a value of less than $5,000;
- D. Contracts not exceeding $100,000, if made under procedures for Competitive quotations pursuant to Section 5.34.160;
- E. Public improvement contracts Awarded as Emergency Contracts;
- F. Energy Savings performance contracts entered into in accordance with Chapter 5.34;
- G. Contracts where federal law overrides this Chapter;
- H. Contracts governed by ORS 279A.100 and Section 5.34.040 regarding affirmative action, and contracts identified in the Prime Contractor Development Program;
- I. Any other Contract that is not governed by ORS 279A, 279B and 279C; and
- J. Contracts exempted by the City Council acting as the Local Contract Review Board, from using an ITB process pursuant to ordinance, in which case the selection shall follow the rules set forth in Section 5.34.800 et seq. in regard to the alternative Contract method selected, unless the exemption authorizes a different method.