- The City shall Award a Public Contract for Public Improvements pursuant to Chapter 5.34 using any method authorized by state law or City Code. Such different methods are called methods of “source selection.” Source selection methods for Public Improvements include:
- A. Emergency Procurements;
- B. Substitution of Contractors by a Surety;
- C. Joint Cooperative Procurements;
- D. Competitive Quotations;
- E. Competitive Bidding; and
- F. Alternative Contracting Methods found in Section 5.34.800 et seq. Class exemptions are located in Subsection 5.34.830 H. while individual Contracts must be authorized by the City Council by ordinance.
5.34.100 Overview of Source Selection and Contractor Selection.
City Code Section