(Amended by Ordinance No. 189413, effective March 6, 2019.)
A. The Revenue Division shall be responsible for preparing the proposed foreclosure list. No property shall be placed on the proposed foreclosure list unless:
1. It is an open lien which is at least 60 days past the due date; or
2. It is a bonded lien which is at least one year past the installment due date.
3. The City has provided the property owner or their predecessor in interest at least two written delinquency notices within a three‑month period prior to the sale.
B. The Revenue Division shall prioritize which delinquent liens to include on the proposed foreclosure list. Priority shall be given to properties that have the potential to significantly reduce the delinquency rate or help to solve a City public health, safety or welfare objective. Priority may also be given based on factors including, but not limited to, the total amount of delinquency; property owners with multiple delinquencies for one or more properties; or multiple nuisance abatement action by the City.
C. The Revenue Division may determine the number of properties to be placed on the proposed foreclosure list based on current City staffing resources, complexity of accounts, and time and resources necessary to complete timely processing of foreclosing the delinquent liens.
D. The Revenue Division shall:
1. Submit the proposed foreclosure list to the Council for Council action;
2. Submit a report to the Council that identifies the properties recommended for purchase by the City from the proposed foreclosure list. The report shall identify the property and the source of the funds to be used to purchase the property; and
3. Determine whether any properties on the proposed foreclosure list are also delinquent in the payment of property taxes. The Revenue Division shall identify those properties which are likely to be foreclosed upon by the County prior to the City’s foreclosure sale and shall make a recommendation to the Council regarding whether any of these properties should be purchased and removed from the foreclosure list.