City Code Section
(Added by Ordinance 163837; amended by Ordinances 176003 and 181483, effective January 18, 2008.)
- A. The Facilities Services Operating Fund is hereby created (by Ordinance 163156, June 27, 1990) as an internal service fund within the Office of Management and Finance described in Chapter 3.15 of this Code. The major operating funds for this Fund shall be generated by Interagency Agreements with the City bureaus and others using the services. Receipts of the Fund shall include proceeds of these Interagency Agreements, service charges to users, interest earned by the Fund, and any other monies which are appropriate revenues. Fees shall be collected and deposited into this Fund for all property management related services involving leases, and for the purchase and sale of City owned real property. Expenditures from the Fund shall be in accordance with appropriations made by the Council.
- B. The costs of repair, maintenance, taxes or any other expense incurred in providing any property management services, shall be the responsibility of the bureau or agency using or responsible for the property. All net revenues (defined as revenue, less all appropriate expenses) from rents, leases or sales shall accrue to the bureau or agency using or responsible for the property.
- C. Any property that is not specifically used or the responsibility of any bureau or agency is defined as "unassigned property," and shall be the responsibility of the Office of Management and Finance (General Fund). Net revenue for these properties shall be considered total revenue from the rent and sale of all these properties, less total expenses for all these properties. Any net revenue from these properties, shall be transferred to the General Fund at the end of each fiscal year.
- D. Any property acquired by the City from any source shall be inventoried with the Office of Management and Finance.
- E. Short-term loans from the General Fund to the Facilities Services Operating Fund, which are to be repaid in the same fiscal year in which the loan is made, are hereby authorized to provide temporary working capital, as needed, provided that each loan is first approved in writing by the Commissioner of Finance and Administration.