City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 189556, effective July 12, 2019.)
- A. For purposes of ordering persons to leave City Property, the following are Persons-in-Charge:
- 1. Any peace officer as defined by Oregon law and any reserve officer of the Portland Police Bureau.
- 2. Any person providing security services in any City Property pursuant to any contract with the City, or with any person, firm or corporation managing a City Property on the City’s behalf.
- 3. Bureau property or facility manager, or designee.
- 4. With respect to facility or space assigned to a City bureau or City office, the director or manager of the City bureau or City office, or designee.
- 5. The Chief Administrative Officer or the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer of the Office of Management and Finance, or any person they specifically designate in writing.
- 6. Any person with exclusion authority under the Code.
- 7. The Mayor, a Commissioner or Auditor, or designee of these elected officials.
- B. Delegation to a designee shall be made in writing. Any person so designated shall be a Person-in-Charge as that term is defined in ORS 164.205(5) until the delegation is terminated or the designated person ceases to be an employee or officer of the City of Portland. Copies of delegation will be provided to the City Attorney’s Office and to the bureau property or facility manager.
- C. Upon request, the City shall provide a copy of the Person-in-Charge designation or delegation list to the District Attorneys of Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington counties.
- D. For purposes of this Section, City Property shall include any real property either owned by the City or in which the City has a property interest or property management responsibility.
- E. For purposes of ordering persons to leave a public meeting of a City board or commission, the following are Persons-in-Charge:
- 1. The presiding officer of the public meeting of a City board or commission.
- 2. Any person providing security services at the public meeting of a City board or commission.
- 3. Any person designated as a Person-in-Charge in Subsection 3.18.010 A.
- F. The authority granted to a Person-in-Charge by this Chapter are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other authority granted under this Code.