City Code Chapter
(Chapter replaced by Ordinance 184740, effective July 13, 2011.)
3.126.010 Emergency Management Steering Committee.
(Amended by Ordinance 189462, effective May 17, 2019.)
- The Emergency Management Steering Committee (EMSC) is hereby created for the purpose of assisting the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management in developing emergency management policies and procedures for incidents requiring significant interbureau coordination.
- The EMSC’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A. Assign lead author responsibility to specific bureaus for the development of emergency plans, including annexes and appendices to the CEMP, and approve schedules for plan completion, plan exercise, review and revision;
- B. Develop strategic, response, and work plans in coordination with the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management defining the City’s emergency program goals and priorities;
- C. Devise bureau-specific protocols for mobilizing resources to respond to emergencies;
- D. Assess individual Bureau compliance with emergency plans;
- E. Keep records of decisions;
- F. Convene meetings at least monthly and at other times as requested by the Director;
- G. Make periodic reports to the Disaster Policy Council so that the DPC can fulfill its duty under PCC 3.125.020.
- The EMSC shall consist of qualified staff from the following Bureaus:
- A. Water Bureau;
- B. Portland Fire & Rescue;
- C. Portland Police Bureau;
- D. Bureau of Environmental Services;
- E. Portland Parks & Recreation;
- F. Bureau of Transportation;
- G. Bureau of Emergency Communications;
- H. Portland Bureau of Emergency Management;
- I. Bureau of Development Services;
- J. Bureau of Technology Services;
- K. Office of Community & Civic Life;
- L. Bureau of Human Resources;
- M. Joint Office of Homeless Services; and
- N. Bureau of Revenue and Financial Services.
3.126.040 Staff Support to the Emergency Management Steering Committee.
- The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management shall provide staff support to the EMSC.