City Code Section
(Added by Ordinance 190590, effective October 27, 2021.)
- The Director of the Transportation may adopt, amend, and repeal rules, policies, procedures, and forms pertaining to matters within the scope of this Code.
- A. Permanent Rules
- 1. Any adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule pursuant to this Section requires a public review process which includes a minimum 30-day public comment period and the opportunity for a public hearing.
- 2. Public notice shall be given not less than 30 days before adoption. Such notice shall include the location at which copies of the full text of the proposed rules may be obtained and the place and time of a proposed public hearing.
- 3. The Director is only required to hold the public hearing if requested to do so.
- B. Interim Rules
- 1. The Director may adopt an interim rule without prior notice upon a finding that a failure to act promptly will result in prejudice to the public interest.
- 2. Interim rules will be effective for a period of no longer than 120 days.