City Code Chapter
(Chapter added by Ordinance 143806, effective June 15, 1977.)
3.106.010 Commission Action.
- All action by the Exposition - Recreation Commission shall be by resolution adopted in accordance with the Commission’s bylaws.
3.106.020 Filing Copies of Resolutions with City Auditor.
- Within 5 days after the passage of any resolution, the Exposition - Recreation Commission shall file a copy of the resolution with the City Auditor, who shall maintain a special record of the Exposition - Recreation Commission’s resolutions which shall be accessible to the public under like terms as ordinances of the City of Portland. Except as provided in Section 3.106.040, no resolution of the Exposition - Recreation Commission shall become effective until 5:00 p.m. on the 10th day following the filing of a copy thereof with the City Auditor.
3.106.030 Council Review.
- Except as provided in Section 3.106.040, resolutions of the Commission shall not become effective, if, within 10 days after the filing by the Exposition - Recreation Commission of a copy of a resolution with the City Auditor, a member of the City Council files a request with the Auditor for City Council review of the Commission action. Upon receipt of a request for City Council review of Commission action, the City Auditor shall forthwith notify the General Manager of the Exposition - Recreation Commission of the request for review and shall deliver to him a copy of the request for review. The Auditor shall place the resolution on the Council agenda for Council review at the next regular Council meeting. In placing the resolution on the Council calendar, the Auditor shall act consistently with the regular filing deadline for Council calendar items established by this Code; provided, the Council may review any Exposition - Recreation Commission resolution as a four-fifths item, or under suspension of Council rules. At the time of requesting Council review of Exposition - Recreation Commission action, the Council member shall state the reason such review is necessary and what action the Council should take on the matters.
3.106.040 Exposition - Recreation Commission Action Not Subject to Council Review.
(Amended by Ordinance 170667, effective October 23, 1997.)
- Resolutions of the Exposition - Recreation Commission which pertain solely to the following matters shall be effective upon adoption or at such other time as specified by the Commission.
- A. Scheduling the use of the Exposition - Recreation Commission’s buildings and facilities.
- B. Entering into agreements for the use of the Exposition - Recreation Commission’s buildings and facilities, including all of the terms and conditions of such agreements, provided such agreements do not transfer operation, management or control of the Memorial Coliseum.
- C. Personnel policy or matters of employment, dismissal or disciplining of employees.
- D. Purchasing supplies, consumables, and services and equipment, in accordance with a budget approved by City Council and in accordance with City Council purchasing procedures.
3.106.050 Council Initiation of Exposition - Recreation Commission Action.
- The Council may, by regularly adopted ordinance, take action on behalf of the Commission. A Council member introducing an ordinance pertaining to the Exposition - Recreation Commission on the Council calendar shall, at the time of filing the proposed ordinance with the City Auditor, have a copy of the ordinance delivered to the General Manager of the Exposition - Recreation Commission.
3.106.060 Amendment, Repeal or Alterations of Resolutions by Council.
- A. Contracts and agreements entered into by the Exposition - Recreation Commission or on behalf of the Commission by employees or agents, within the scope of their authority, shall be binding and effective from the times designated in sections 3.106.030 or 3.106.040, whichever is applicable.
- B. The Council may, by regularly adopted ordinance, repeal, amend or alter any resolution adopted by the Exposition - Recreation Commission. Any such repeal, amendment or alteration may be made retroactive or prospective in effect but shall not be construed to invalidate any contract or agreements made in accordance with Subsection A of this Section.