City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 150738, effective December 13, 1980.)
- Affected City agencies shall have responsibilities under this Section as follows:
- A. Federal Grants Coordinator shall submit all grant applications to the Contract and Grants Compliance Division for determination of equal opportunity requirements. No grant application shall be submitted to the City Council unless the Contract and Grants Compliance Division has reviewed the applicable equal opportunity requirements and obligations.
- Following the award of any grant, the Federal Grants Coordinator shall provide the Contract and Grants Compliance Division with copies of the grant and applicable related documents.
- B. Contract and Grants Compliance Division shall serve as the point of contact for all communications relating to grant equal opportunity compliance, and shall review all grants as follows:
- 1. Pre-Application. Before any grant application is submitted to the grantor agency, the equal opportunity provisions shall be reviewed to determine compliance requirements. A report of such review shall be submitted to the Federal Grants Coordinator.
- 2. Post Award. Immediately after the award of any grant, the Contract and Grants Compliance Division shall advise the grantee bureau or office of applicable requirements and provide guidelines, instructions, forms, and assistance, as required to assist the bureau or office to implement compliance.
- C. Grantee Bureaus or Offices. Shall be fully responsible for compliance with all equal opportunity requirements imposed by applicable grants. In the discharge of such responsibility, grantee bureaus or offices shall cooperate fully with the Contract and Grants Compliance Division including, but not limited to, accumulation of applicable data, preparation of suitable records, and submission of such records and forms as may be required.