City Code Chapter
- All electrical work must be designed and installed in accordance with the State of Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, any other relevant Specialty Codes, Title 26 and this Chapter. Permits and inspections are required for all work except as specifically exempted by Title 28.
- Existing electrical work which was lawfully in place in the City of Portland on January 1, 2008 or which was constructed or relocated under a valid permit after that date, will be considered an existing nonconforming condition as provided in Title 28.
- In addition to the requirements specified in the relevant Specialty Codes and Title 26, the following specific requirements apply to electrical installations for moorages, marinas and floating structures.
- A. Transformer pads may not be located closer than either 8 feet to combustible surfaces and 2 feet to noncombustible surfaces.
- B. Overhead power drops must be installed and maintained a minimum of 14 feet above walking surfaces and/or the ordinary high water line.
- C. Electrical installations within 2 feet of the water will be considered to be in a wet environment, except that installations inside a structure and not exposed to the water may be considered to be in a dry environment.