- This shall be known as Title 27, Heating and Ventilating Regulations and will be referred to herein as “this Title.”
- The purpose of this Title is to provide minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property, and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, installation, quality of materials, location, operation, and maintenance of heating, ventilating, comfort cooling, refrigeration systems, incinerators, and other miscellaneous heat producing appliances.
- A. Mechanical Specialty Code. The provisions of the State of Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code, 2022 Edition including Chapter 1 thereof, as published by the International Code Council as the International Mechanical Code, 2021 Edition along with the International Fuel Gas Code, 2021 Edition, and as amended by the Building Codes Division of the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services, are hereby adopted by reference. The Mechanical Specialty Code is on file in the Development Services Center of the City of Portland.
- Unless specifically provided for in other Chapters of this Title, where requirements of this Title do not provide for or are not fully detailed with regard to processes, methods, specifications, equipment testing and maintenance standards of design performance and installation, and other pertinent criteria, applicable standards and recommendations of the National Fire Protection Association (hereinafter referred to as NFPA) as set forth in its National Fire Codes, shall apply.
- In the following Chapters references may have been made to equipment not governed by this Title, in which case other Code or Codes shall apply.
(Added by Ordinance No. 185798; repealed by Ordinance No. 189806, effective December 18, 2019.)
(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 187432 and 188647, effective November 17, 2017.) Heating, ventilating, comfort cooling or refrigeration systems, incinerators or other miscellaneous heat‑producing appliances lawfully installed prior to the effective date of this Title may have their existing use, maintenance or repair continued if the use, maintenance or repair is in accordance with the original design and location and is not a hazard to life, health, or property.
All heating, ventilating, comfort cooling, or refrigeration systems, incinerators or other miscellaneous heat‑producing appliances, both existing and new, and all parts thereof, shall be maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. All devices or safeguards which are required by this Title in heating, ventilating, comfort cooling, or refrigeration systems, incinerators or other miscellaneous heat‑producing appliances when installed, altered, or repaired, shall be maintained in good working order. The owner or the owner’s designated agent shall be responsible for the maintenance of heating, ventilating, comfort cooling, refrigeration systems, incinerators, or other miscellaneous heat‑producing appliances.
(Repealed by Ordinance No. 187432, effective December 4, 2015.)