City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 191311, effective July 7, 2023.)
- A. In addition to the other provisions of this Chapter, the provisions of this Section apply in Pioneer Courthouse Square. “Pioneer Courthouse Square” means the city block bounded on the north by the south curb of Southwest Morrison Street, on the south by the north curb of Southwest Yamhill Street, on the east by the west curb of Southwest Sixth Avenue, and on the west by the east curb of SW Broadway. It specifically includes the entire area of that block and all improvements thereon, including all pedestrian walkways and transportation shelters and facilities.
- B. No person shall violate any ordinance, rule or regulation duly promulgated by TriMet governing the use of its shelters or other facilities located within Pioneer Courthouse Square.
- C. The following areas of Pioneer Courthouse Square are designated exclusively for transit use:
- 1. The walkway areas under the overhead canopies adjacent to SW Yamhill Street, between the southernmost drip line of any overhead canopy and the south side of the base of the decorative wall; and
- 2. The area within the drip lines of the structures commonly known as the mushroom sculptures adjacent to SW Morrison Street.
- No person shall remain in those areas except for the purpose of entering into, exiting from or waiting for a light rail train or trolley.
- D. No person shall place graffiti in Pioneer Courthouse Square.