City Code Section
- A. The Director must certify a participating candidate if the Director finds that the candidate has met the requirements of Sections 2.16.040, .050 and .120, the candidate has received the required matchable contributions from the required number of matchable donors for the office and the candidate has submitted all information required by this Code or by administrative rule, and the candidate has not violated any requirements in the administrative rules, which could result in denial of certification or decertification.
- B. Before certification, the participating candidate must submit a certification application on the form prescribed by the program to the Director, along with other information as may be required by administrative rule.
- C. The Director must make a certification determination no later than 10 business days after receiving the required information and application from the participating candidate . The Director may take an additional 10 business days to make a certification determination, provided the participating candidate is given notice by the Director that additional time is needed.
- D. A candidate may submit one application for certification for any election. However, the Director may consider a second application from the candidate if the first application was denied, provided that the initial application was not denied for having submitted falsified documents or fraudulent information to the program.
- E. If the Director certifies a candidate, the Director will authorize an initial disbursement of a City matching funds to the candidate's campaign account.