City Code Section
- A. In addition to the requirements of Section 2.16.040 and the limitations in Section 2.16.120, to qualify as a certified candidate:
- 1. After filing a notice of intent, a candidate for Mayor must collect an aggregate total determined by the Commission, if any, from at least 750 matchable donors.
- 2. After filing a notice of intent, a candidate for Councilor or Auditor must collect an aggregate total determined by the Commission, if any, from at least 250 matchable donors.
- The Commission may establish additional requirements for certification relating to the contributions collected from Matchable Donors and filing methods, and any such requirements will be published in administrative rules.
- B. The Director may change the number of Contributions required to be eligible as a certified candidate in an election held on any date other than the biennial election date through January 1, 2025.
- C. A participating candidate must apply to the Director for certification by the application deadline, which will be no later than the candidate filing deadline.