City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinances 180205, 181204 and 187854, effective September 1, 2016.)
- A. Within three working days after a lobbying entity has spent 8 hours or more or estimates that it has spent cumulative 8 hours or more or has spent at least $1,000 during any calendar quarter lobbying, the lobbying entity shall register with the City Auditor by filing with the Auditor a statement containing the following information:
- 1. The name, address, email, website and telephone number of the lobbying entity;
- 2. A general description of the trade, business, profession or area of endeavor of the lobbying entity;
- 3. The names, addresses, email, website and telephone number of all lobbyists who are employed by or otherwise authorized to lobby on behalf of the lobbying entity. The list must include:
- a. Individuals who are paid to lobby for the interests of the lobbying entity.
- b. Other persons, including lobbying entity employees or volunteers, who are authorized to lobby on behalf of the lobbying entity.
- c. Previous City of Portland employment status of individuals who are paid or otherwise authorized to lobby on the entity’s behalf, the affiliated bureau(s) or office(s) of employment, and dates of employment.
- 4. The subjects and any specific official actions of interest to the lobbying entity.
- B. A business, organization, or association who anticipates registering as a lobbying entity is encouraged to register at the beginning of each calendar year.
- C. Registrations shall expire December 31 of every year. Lobbying entities shall renew their registrations once the 8-hour threshold has been reached in each calendar year.
- D. An authorized representative of the lobbying entity must sign the registration required by this Section.