City Code Section
- A. No Individual or Entity shall expend funds to support or oppose a Candidate, except those collected from the sources and under the Contribution limits set forth in this Chapter.
- B. An Entity shall register with the Oregon Secretary of State as a Political Committee under Oregon law within 3 business days of making aggregate Independent Expenditures exceeding $750 in any Election Cycle to support or oppose one or more Candidates in any City of Portland Candidate Election.
- C. Only the following Independent Expenditures are allowed per Election Cycle to support or oppose one or more Candidates in any particular City of Portland Candidate Election:
- 1. An Individual may make aggregate Independent Expenditures of not more than $5,000.
- 2. A Small Donor Committee may make Independent Expenditures in any amounts from funds contributed in compliance with Section 2.10.010.
- 3. A Political Committee may make aggregate Independent Expenditures of not more than $10,000, provided that the Independent Expenditures are funded by means of Contributions to the Political Committee by Individuals in amounts not exceeding $500 per Individual per year.