The Portland Water Bureau is monitoring a fire in the Bull Run Watershed

Tap water remains safe to drink. More information or follow the Portland Water Bureau on X (Twitter) and Facebook for updates. Español | Tiếng Việt | 简体中文 | Русский| українська | Soomaali | Română | नेपाली | Chuukese

19.16.055 Permits for Construction Work.

City Code Section

(Amended by Ordinance No. 176955, effective October 9, 2002.)

A.  No person shall construct or repair or wreck any old work or drive or remove any piling within the harbor zone within the City of Portland or remove any earth or other material from the river banks or bed shoreward of or adjacent to the harbor line without first securing a permit from the Bureau of Development Services.  After the permit has been issued and before such work has been started, the permit holder must notify the Harbor Master.  It shall be the duty of the Harbor Master to stop any such work until a permit shall be secured, if so requested by the Director of the Bureau of Development Services.

B.  Nothing in the above Section shall relieve any person, company, or corporation from securing such other permits as may be required by any other agency such as, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or the Port of Portland, State Marine Board, and Division of State Lands.