City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 186746, effective August 6, 2014.)
- A. The Director may adopt rules, procedures and forms to implement the provisions of this Chapter.
- B. Adoption of Rules.
- 1. The Director may adopt rules pertaining to matters within the scope of this Chapter.
- 2. Before the Director adopts a rule, a public hearing must be conducted. The Director must give notice of the public hearing in a reasonable manner not less than ten nor more than 30 days before the hearing. The notice must include the place and time of the hearing; where copies of the full text of the proposed rules may be obtained; and a brief description of the proposed rules.
- 3. The Director will consider oral and/or written testimony during the public hearing. The Director shall adopt the proposed rule, modify, or reject the proposed rule, based on the testimony received. Unless otherwise stated, all rules are effective upon adoption by the Director and will be kept on file at the Revenue Division. Copies of all rules will be made available to the public upon request.
- 4. Notwithstanding paragraphs 2 and 3 of this Section, the Director may adopt an interim rule without prior public notice upon a finding that failure to act promptly would result in serious prejudice to the public interest. In so doing, the Director must include the specific reasons for such prejudice. Any rule adopted pursuant to this paragraph will be effective for a period of not longer than 180 days.