City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 188976, effective June 29, 2018.)
- A. The Director may assess civil penalties in an amount up to $500 for each violation of Chapter 14B.90.
- B. Procedure.
- 1. The Director, having made a determination to seek civil penalties as provided by this Section, shall give the Dealer written notice of the determination.
- 2. Service of the notice will be accomplished by mailing the notice by regular and certified mail, return receipt requested.
- 3. Mailing of the notice will be prima facie evidence of receipt of the notice.
- 4. The civil penalty will be due ten days from the date of the notice unless such civil penalty is appealed in accordance with Section 14B.90.150.
- C. Any Principal of a Dealer that has been assessed civil penalties in excess of $2,000 in the previous 12 months who subsequently violates Chapter 14B.90 may be punished, upon conviction, by a fine of up to $500 and a jail sentence of up to 6 months.