City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 188976, effective June 29, 2018.)
- A. Dealers shall provide to the Portland Police Bureau all required information as described in the Administrative Rules for each Regulated Property transaction (not including sales). The Chief of Police may designate the format for the transfer of this information and may direct that it be communicated by means of mail, the internet, or other computer media as provided in the Administrative Rules.
- 1. In any such case that the Chief directs that the information be transmitted via computer media, the Chief may also direct the system that will be utilized in order to ensure conformity among all Dealers.
- 2. If, after establishing the format and requirements for the transmission of computerized reports of transactions, the Chief of Police alters the required format, Dealers will be given at least 60 days to comply with the new format requirements. If unable to implement the reporting system before the deadline, a Dealer must submit a written request for additional time to the Chief of Police before the deadline.
- 3. Upon approval by the Chief of Police, a Dealer that acquires less than 25 items of Regulated Property in a year may use forms provided by the Portland Police Bureau to report transactions.
- 4. Pawnbrokers are required to report only new transactions. Loan renewals do not need to be reported.
- B. The Declaration of Proof of Ownership will be considered to be included in references in this Chapter to the transaction record, as appropriate.