- A. After a second false alarm, the System Administrator shall send a notification to the alarm user by certified mail, which will contain the following information:
- 1. That a second false alarm has occurred.
- 2. That if four or more false alarms occur within the permit year, the System Administrator will direct the Bureau of Emergency Communications to suspend response to further alarm signals.
- 3. That the alarm user has the right to contest the validity of a false alarm determination by requesting a false alarm validity hearing, and that a request for such a hearing will stay the effect of a false alarm determination and must be in writing and filed within 10 days of the receipt of the notice of alarm.
- B. After a third false alarm in a permit year, the System Administrator need only send to the alarm user via regular mail a Notice of False Alarm and appeal rights. No other communication or action is required of the System Administrator.
- C. After a fourth false alarm within the permit year, the System Administrator shall:
- 1. Direct BOEC to suspend response to subsequent alarms unless instructed to respond by the Chief’s Office or their designee pursuant to Section14B.10.090.
- 2. Send a suspension notification to the alarm user by certified mail, indicating that PPB will no longer respond to alarms at the alarm site, but that PPB will resume alarm response services if the following conditions are met:
- a. Additional monitoring services are added to the permit location, consisting of either audio and/or video verification monitoring or multiple-device trigger systems;
- b. any outstanding fees and fines associated with the alarm permit account are paid in full; and
- c. the alarm user agrees in writing that a fifth or more false alarm in a permit year will result in a permanent cancellation of all premises use permits and the suspension of police response services for alarm calls for five years, plus triple the amount of fines and fees in the fines and fees schedule.
- D. In addition to the notice provided to the alarm user, the System Administrator shall also send a copy of the notice of suspension to BOEC and the alarm system monitoring company.
14B.10.090 No Response to Excessive Alarms and/or Premises with Cancelled Permits.
City Code Section