City Code Chapter
(Chapter added by Ordinance 181684, effective April 18, 2008.)
- A. It is unlawful to paint, tape, or otherwise mark public property or place objects in the right-of-way for the purpose of reserving space for a parade event.
- B. City of Portland may remove unauthorized materials left on public property or the right-of-way.
- C. Camping overnight, to reserve a space in the public right-of-way along side the parade route, may be allowed as set forth in administrative rule. Overnight camping under this section is a limited exception to Portland City Code 14A.50.020 and 14A.50.030.
- A. The Director of the Bureau of Development Services, or designee, upon determining that a violation of this code or administrative rule has occurred, may issue a notice of violation by direct delivery of said notice to the violator.
- B. The violator shall, upon receipt of a notice of violation, correct the violation and pay to the City a civil penalty as set forth in Portland City Code 14A.55.030.
- Violations of this Chapter may be punishable by fines as follows:
- A. A $100 fine for the first violation;
- B. A $500 fine for each subsequent violation.
- A person, who is issued a notice of violation, may challenge the findings in the notice by requesting an administrative review from the Bureau of Development Services.
- A determination issued pursuant to Portland City Code 14A.55.040 may be appealed to the Code Hearings Officer, as provided for in Chapter 22.10 of Portland City Code.
- All appeals from the Code Hearings Officer's determination pursuant to Portland City Code 14A.55.050 shall be by writ of review as authorized by Portland City Code 22.04.010 and ORS 34.010 - 34.100.
- The Bureau of Development Services is authorized to promulgate administrative rules and take other actions reasonable and necessary to enforce this Chapter.