City Code Section
(Amended by Ordinance 191311, effective July 7, 2023.)
- A. It shall be unlawful to erect, install, place, leave, or set up any type of permanent or temporary fixture or structure of any material(s) in or upon non-park public property or public right-of -way without a permit or other authorization from the City.
- B. In addition to other remedies provided by law, such an obstruction is hereby declared to be a public nuisance. The City Engineer, City Traffic Engineer, or Chief of Police may summarily abate any such obstruction, or the obstruction may be abated as prescribed in Chapter 29.60 of this Code.
- C. The provisions of this Section do not apply to merchandise in the course of lawful receipt or delivery, unless that merchandise remains upon the public right-of-way for a period longer than 2 hours, whereupon the provisions of this Section apply.
- D. The provisions of this Section do not apply to depositing material in public right-of-way for less than 2 hours, unless the material is deposited with the intent to interfere with free passage or to block or attempt to block or interfere with any persons(s) using the right-of-way.
- E. The provisions of this Section do not apply to depositing material necessary to sleeping, or keeping warm, or dry as defined by ORS 195.530, by involuntarily homeless persons consistent with Section 14A.50.020.