Portland’s Welcoming Week will begin on Sept. 10 with an outdoor celebration at Gateway Discovery Park beginning at 6 p.m. The event will be filled with dance performances, music, and remarks by:
City of Portland Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty
- Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization’s Director Lee Po Cha
- City of Portland Commissioner Carmen Rubio
- Multnomah County Commissioner Susheela Jayapal
- Beaverton Mayor Lacey Beaty
- Oregon Senator Kayse Jama
The Welcoming Week program has a wide assortment of events, both virtual and in-person. For example, on Saturday, Sept. 11, escape to Favela Brazilian Café and indulge in Brazilian food while participating in a dance concert. Or learn about resources for immigrant-owned businesses and entrepreneurs during Civic Life and Prosper Portland's informational and networking meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 16.
*COVID-19 protocols will be followed at all Welcoming Week in-person events*
Our website contains information about each event and how to RSVP in English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.