November 18, 2020 (Updated)
City of Portland Liquor Licensing Program policy on Temporary Sales License refunds during the COVID-19 State of Emergency in Oregon
The City of Portland does not issue refunds for unused Temporary Sales Licenses (TSL); however, if a TSL goes unused because an event is postponed for reasons related to the COVID-19 State of Emergency, the City of Portland will waive the TSL processing fee ($35) for the rescheduled event.
Requirements for waiver of TSL processing fee for rescheduled events:
- TSL related event must have been canceled due to COVID-19 State of Emergency restrictions,
- Rescheduled TSL relate event must occur before Dec 31, 2021,
- Rescheduled event must be the same event as original event (change of date is only acceptable change),
- Applicant must submit new TSL application for rescheduled event. Application must be received by City of Portland 14 days in advance of rescheduled event,
- Applicant must contact City of Portland liquor licensing staff via email at email@example.com to request the waiver of TSL processing fee,
Liquor Licensing staff reserve the right to charge a standard TSL processing fee for rescheduled events if there are extenuating circumstances.
City of Portland will not issue refunds of unused TSLs for events canceled due to COVID-19 or other circumstances.
Questions? Contact the Liquor Licensing Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.