Applications require 14 days to process.
Gather information and forms
Visit the OLCC's Special Events web page for detailed information and up-to-date forms for temporary sales liquor licenses.
The City of Portland Liquor Program is now accepting Temporary Sales Licenses/Special Event Licenses that adhere to the State's COVID guidelines and restrictions.
Emailed applications must be received 7 days before planned event.
Mailed applications must be received 14 business before planned event.
Submit application and fee to the City
Applications may be submitted by email or mail.
Submitting by email (*new*):
- Applicant must create a PDF file of the two-page (one sheet front and back) Temporary Sales License application. Applications must be entirely filled out, signed, and dated.
- Send PDF as an attachment to Liquor@portlandoregon.gov at least 7 days before the planned event.
- City of Portland staff will send applicants an invoice with a URL link to an online payment platform within 48 business hours of receipt of the full application.
- Applicants must promptly pay the invoice online ($35 per application) through the provided link to complete the application.
- Once the application is complete and invoice paid, the City of Portland will process the application and return it directly to the OLCC.
Submitting by mail:
- Submit completed applications and payment of $35 per application at least 14 days before a planned event. City staff is working remotely and cannot accommodate applications received less than 7 days before an event.
- Make checks payable to "City of Portland."
- Mail completed application and check payment in a letter size (9”x12”) envelope. Do not fold or staple application. Mail to: Liquor Licensing, 1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 114, Portland, OR 97204.
Mail a copy of your application to the OLCC with fee payment
Mail a copy of your temporary liquor license without the City's signature along with the fee to the regional OLCC office. The City of Portland will send the OLCC our signed version of the application directly. You will hear from the OLCC when your application is approved.
Oregon Liquor Control Commission - Portland Metro Regional Office
9079 SE McLoughlin Blvd