COVID-19 update: Graffiti removal requests have increased over 300% from last year. We are working as fast as we can to respond to Portlanders' needs. If you are looking for immediate assistance, please see the information at the bottom of this page to find for-hire graffiti removal options.
The Graffiti Program offers no-cost or reduced-cost graffiti removal assistance to residents, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations who meet eligibility criteria. Our removal assistance includes painting and/or power washing surfaces. We cannot provide help with acid-etched glass or graffiti on vehicles.
- Anyone impacted by hate graffiti and most gang graffiti;
- Small businesses with 1-10 employees (cannot be a corporate franchise);
- Any single-family home, condo or apartment buildings with 1-10 units; and
- Nonprofit organizations; excluding nonprofit organizations with more than 100 employees.
How to Request Our Services
If you qualify, please complete this agreement:
Once completed, please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the Office of Community & Civic Life Graffiti Program at 1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 114, Portland, OR 97204. Our normal response time is within 3-5 days after we receive your form however please note that the City of Portland is currently experiencing a high volume of requests for graffiti removal. As a result of this high demand, our response time may be delayed. Thank you for your patience.
If you do not meet the qualifications for free removal services, below are names of contractors that can help (please note, this is not an exhaustive list):
- Portland United Graffiti Removal: 503-764-8355
- Portland Graffiti Removal: 971-678-5249
- Graffiti Removal Services: 916-233-7739
Promote the Common Good: Civic Life is building stronger communities by supporting and empowering Portlanders. We think, act, and partner with our communities to better understand and take care of their diverse needs. We invite you to join us in this continuous, much needed work to make our communities safer and more welcoming for all.