Personal Protective Equipment Available

News Article
A photo of an elder wearing a face mask standing in front of a tree
A limited amount of  facial masks, face coverings, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies are available for caregivers of people with disabilities and older adults.

The Aging and Disability Community Project, coordinated out of the City’s Emergency Coordination Center in response to COVID-19, is acquiring and distributing limited amounts of  facial masks, face coverings, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies for caregivers of people with disabilities and older adults. 

Please review the City of Portland's Updated Face Covering Guidance before placing an order with us:

If you would benefit from supplies, like disposable masks, hand sanitizer, and cloth facial coverings, please contact us at: (preferred) or 503-823-4000. 

In your request, please include:

  • Name 
  • Address
  • Any specialized delivery instructions 
  • Phone number 
  • How many caregivers you have? 
  • What supplies do you need? 
  • Do you currently receive county services? 

Sanitizing supplies continue to be very limited. If you currently receive county or other aging or disability support services, we ask you to contact your caseworker to request protective equipment before submitting a request with us. 

Frequently Asked Questions:

What will happen when I submit a request?  

  1. You will receive a confirmation phone call or email from someone on our team. We will ask you any information we need to better understand your request. 
  2. We will record your request. (We are currently seeking supplies and cannot fill requests immediately.)  
  3. When we receive some or all of the supplies you requested, we will contact you to notify you when supplies are being delivered. No-contact delivery will be provided.

What items do we have? 

We have items like disposable masks, gloves, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and, cloth facial coverings (made by volunteers such as the Portland Mask Project) that can help reduce the spread of the  novel Coronavirus and assist in keeping you and your caregivers healthier. Through a partnership with PBOT, we have also recently received transportation vouchers for free cab rides for essential appointments or for your caregivers to get to you.

Can you get me N95 masks?  

We have seen limited supplies of disposable masks in stock, N95 or procedural; however N95 masks are being prioritized for health care and frontline workers. We are working to get donated cloth facial coverings from community volunteers. The large majority of facial coverings we are supplying are reusable.  

If you need an N95 mask or other specific mask or face covering, please request it. If we receive any, we will fill your request. If a cloth face covering is an acceptable alternative, please note that in your request. 

Are you sure the face coverings or masks you provide will protect me from COVID-19?  


Cloth face coverings discussed should NOT be used as a replacement for conventional and approved Personal Protective Equipment. The device has not been industry tested nor has it been NIOSH approved.

The publication of this guidance  (linked above) shall not constitute or be deemed to constitute any representation by the authors,
their affiliates and the City of Portland and is intended for educational purposes only. The decision to use this device
is solely your own. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical distancing or frequent hand washing.

Do you have the item I need?  

We are seeking donations and filling requests on a rolling basis. While we cannot promise that we can get the item you need, please request it. If it comes in, we will email or call you to notify you when it will be delivered.  

Why do you ask if I receive County services? 

If you receive County Aging and Disability or Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) services, you may be able to access masks and gloves faster through your caseworker. 

People who are part of the Independent Choices (ICP) Program can request masks and gloves by contacting their caseworker. People who have caregivers through the Aging and Disability or Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) services should have their caregivers request masks. If you don't know which program you are a part of, we recommend you contact your caseworker and find out the best way to request supplies. 

I work with an organization that serves people with disabilities. Can you get masks for our organization?  

We are unable to take requests from organizations. We are collaborating with Multnomah County and they are taking organizational requests at the Multnomah County Resource Request website

If you have questions about any of the information above, please email (preferred) or call 503-823-4000.