To limit the risks to the public, the City of Portland’s Cannabis Program will not have walk-in hours until further notice. Application materials can still be mailed or emailed to our office. Please contact the Cannabis Program for additional information at email@example.com.
Application and License Fees
|Application Type||Annual Application Fee||Annual License Fee|
|Retailer, Producer, Processor, Wholesaler, Medical Dispensary||$500||$3,500|
|Retail Courier, Micro-Wholesaler, Micro-Producer Tier 1 & 2||$200||$1,000|
Distance Restrictions for Dispensaries and Retailers.
Portland City Code 14B.130 requires Medical Dispensaries and Marijuana Retailers to be at least 1000 feet from K-12 schools. This map link ONLY shows locations for which the Cannabis Program has received an application for a Medical Dispensary or Marijuana Retailer, as well as K-12 schools. This map is NOT updated in real time. There may be schools, Medical Dispensaries, or Marijuana Retailers that are licensed or whose applications are under review that are not shown on this map. Applicants CANNOT and SHOULD NOT rely on this map for verification that a location is further than 1,000 feet from a school, Medical Dispensary, or Marijuana Retailer.
Social Equity Program
Do you have a small cannabis business? Have staff or owners impacted by cannabis convictions? Contract with vendors on Oregon's Minority-Owned, Women-Owned, and Emerging Small Business (MWESB) list? CLICK HERE for more information about our Social Equity Program, and possibly qualify for lower fees!
- Medical Dispensary Checklist
- Recreational Marijuana Retailer Checklist
- [NEW] Recreational Marijuana Retail Courier Checklist
- Recreational Marijuana Producer Checklist
- Recreational Marijuana Processor Checklist
- Recreational Marijuana Wholesaler Checklist
- Recreational Marijuana Lab or Research Facility? CLICK THIS LINK FOR INFORMATION.
- Marijuana Regulatory License Application
- Marijuana Control Plan
- Personal History Form
- OLCC Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS) Form: Both the completed LUCS (to be completed by the Office of Community & Civic Life) and a Zoning Verification Map (to be completed the Bureau of Development Services at the Permit Center) must be included with the applications for Recreational Marijuana businesses.
- LUCS Walkthrough: Confused about the LUCS? This link will help you through it.
- Deadline Extension Request: Deadline coming up? Request an extension with this form. If you are not granted an extension, your deadline remains your original deadline.
- Renewal Information Form
- Social Equity Program Application
- Deferred Payment Plan Request Form
- Portland City Code (PCC) 14B.130: Portland's Marijuana Policy Program is guided by PCC 14B.130, and any requirements in PCC 14B.130 can ONLY be changed by a vote from Portland City Council: our program cannot change this on our own.
- Administrative Guidelines: Administrative Guidelines on Application Procedure and Licensure
- Cannabis Facilities Code Guide: Guide for commercial building and mechanical permitting for cannabis businesses.
- Marijuana Laboratories and Research Facilities
- Make a Public Records Request
- Environmental Requirements for Portland Cannabis Businesses: The City of Portland's Bureau of Environmental Services created a guide for Portland cannabis businesses regarding environmental requirements for sewer, stormwater, and other issues.
- The State of Oregon is responsible for collecting BOTH the 17% State tax AND the 3% City tax on recreational marijuana sales. Please click this link for more information.
- Bureau of Development Services Zoning Verification Maps: The City of Portland's Bureau of Development Services (BDS) updated their website for cannabis applicants who need Zoning Verification Maps. The update includes information on tier sizes, request forms, and BDS's application process.