Become a Community Lead with Smart City PDX
Are you interested in impacting decision-making in the City of Portland? Are you eager to involve and center your community in conversations around data and technology? If so, consider applying to be a Community Lead with Smart City PDX.
Smart City PDX is seeking a cohort of three Community Leads to work alongside City staff. You would bring your community knowledge and wisdom to help shape City practices around data justice and data governance. No prior experience in consulting or contracting necessary!
Learn more about what this opportunity entails:
Community Leads will work with Smart City PDX staff on:
- Data justice training
- Data dashboard consultation
- Engagement design and implementation
- Community organizing strategy development
Term of engagement
October 2023 - June 2024 (9 months)
$100.00 per hour; not to exceed $21,250.00
Estimated monthly time requirement
25 hours per month. This may vary with onboarding and project needs.
Deadline to apply
Submission deadline: Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023 at 5 p.m. PST
How to apply
- Read the full Request for Qualifications:
- Please send the following information to email@example.com:
- “First Name Last Name - Community Leads Application” in the subject line.
- A statement of interest or cover letter (no more than two pages) that include responses to the following:
- How does data justice fit into your vision of a healthy, thriving community?
- How do you meet the minimum qualifications and at least one of the desired qualifications?
Join a virtual information session using Zoom on Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2023 from 2 - 3 p.m. to learn more about this opportunity and ask questions.
For questions related to this RFQ, please contact:
- Project Manager
Alyshia Macaysa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultant to Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- City of Portland Staff
Christine Kendrick, email@example.com
Smart City PDX Data Services Manager
People of color, womxn, LGBTQIA2S people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Macaysa Consulting LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income.