The PSC hears more than six hours of testimony on May 8 and 15. Nearly 140 people testified on proposed rules for new construction in Portland’s residential neighborhoods.
Over the course of two evenings in May, Portland’s Planning and Sustainability Commission heard 139 people testify on the proposals put forth in the Residential Infill Project Proposed Draft. The commission has “closed” oral testimony but will accept written testimony until Friday, May 18.
Submit written testimony to the PSC by 5 p.m. Friday, May 18 via:
- The Map App; click on the “Testify” button
- U.S. Mail (note: letters must be received by May 18):
Planning and Sustainability Commission
Attn: Residential Infill Project
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100
Portland, OR 97201
Next Steps: Work Sessions
The PSC will conduct several work sessions on the proposals, beginning on May 22. These will likely continue through June. At these meetings there will be no public testimony as Commissioners pose questions to staff and each other, then deliberate on the issues before making a recommendation to City Council.
All PSC hearings and meetings are streamed live on the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability YouTube channel (click “Video” on the top of the home page for past meetings).
Past PSC meetings on Residential Infill Proposals:
- Staff Briefing on Proposals, April 24(starting at 10:00)
- Public Hearing #1, May 8 (at ~2:15:00)
- Public Hearing #2, May 15 (at ~25:00)
Links to the Residential Infill Project Proposed Draft documents:
- Proposed Draft Summary, 8-page summary of the 11 key proposals
- Volume 1: Staff Report and Map Amendments – Introduction, analysis of proposals and map amendments
- Volume 2: Zoning Code Amendments
- Volume 3: Appendices – Additional background and supporting documentation (posted on website only; no printed copies)
- Explore the Map App – Updated maps and descriptions to reflect the Proposed Draft proposals
All the documents are available on the project website. Hard copies of the Project Summary and Volumes 1 and 2 are available at our office at 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 7th Floor. The bureau receptionist will mail you a copy if you call 503‑823‑7700.
For more information about the Proposed Draft
- Project website: www.portland.gov/rip
- Helpline: Call 503-823-0195; interpretation services available
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7700 or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service 711. 503-823-7700.