Reminder: Explore the online open house
The joint BPS and PBOT project team invites you to participate in a self-guided online open house to learn more about potential land use alternatives and transportation improvements as part of the Lower SE Rising project. The open house has information on four preliminary community development scenarios, potential improvements to streets and conditions for pedestrians and people biking, and possible changes to the bus network. These recommendations were informed by the community through the kickoff survey, Pin It, Portland mapping tool, and stakeholder feedback.
Take the survey before June 30
After reviewing the information in the open house, we invite you to share your thoughts through an online survey. The survey will be open through June 30, and we encourage you to invite your friends, family, and neighbors to participate as well. We want to have as much public feedback as possible to create recommendations that will best serve the people that live, work, and play in the project area.
Other ways to engage
In addition to the open house, there are other ways you can connect with the project team:
- Neighborhood walk event on SE 72nd Avenue. Join us on a walk event to discuss possible community development scenarios and transportation improvements. Meeting details are below.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 5:30 to 6:45pm. This is a 1.5 mile walk along SE 72nd Avenue that will meet and end at the northwest corner of SE 72nd Avenue and SE Flavel Street in front of Three Sisters Nixtamal.
- A bike ride of potential bike network improvements. As part of Pedalpalooza, join project staff on a relaxed ride exploring potential bike improvements. Meeting details are below.
- Neighborhood association/community meetings. We plan to share these potential changes at the neighborhood associations within the project area during the summer months.
- Community events. We plan to be at farmer’s markets, block parties, and other outdoor events this summer. Please let us know if there’s an event you’d like us to attend!
- Contact the project team directly. If you have feedback that cannot be incorporated into the survey, feel free to contact the project team directly with your comments or questions.
The Lower SE Rising Area Plan aims to address the historic lack of infrastructure investment in parts of SE and East Portland – including Brentwood-Darlington and portions of Mt. Scott-Arleta, Woodstock and Lents. Project staff are seeking community input to guide healthy community development.
City staff are working with a local Project Advisory Committee, a Technical Advisory Committee, community-based organizations, neighborhood associations, and neighbors for input and engagement to develop recommendations for the area, with an emphasis on anti-displacement and affordable housing strategies.
The project was launched in January 2021, and a final plan is expected to go before City Council in early 2023.