Learn about District Planning and find contact information for the city planner (district liaison) for your neighborhood.
On this page
The Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS) has city planners assigned to specific geographic areas of the city. These city planners serve as district liaisons between BPS and community partners to help neighborhoods flourish as great places to live, work, shop, learn, gather, and play.
About district liaison roles
- Understand each district's issues, needs, and opportunities
- Build relationships with community members
- Gather and share information
- Infuse City projects, policies, and investments with community priorities
- Serve as technical advisors and resources for neighbors, organizations, businesses, and institutions
- Tackle planning, design, and development challenges through collaborative quick-response projects
District Liaisons were key participants in the City's 2035 Comprehensive Plan.
Contact a district liaison
BPS has an online map tool to find which district a property is located in, and get contact information for the city planner serving as the district liaison for the area.
Explore the District Liaisons online map tool
The district liaisons are also listed by district below.