2035 Comprehensive Plan (as amended through March 2020)
- How to Use the Plan
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 1: The Plan
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 2: Community Involvement
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 3: Urban Form
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 4: Design and Development
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 5: Housing
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 6: Economic Development
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 7: Environment and Watershed Health
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 8: Public Facilities and Services
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 9: Transportation
- Goals and Policies - Chapter 10: Land Use Designations and Zoning
- Table of Amendments
- List of Significant Projects
Supporting documents and maps
Economic Opportunities Analysis
Analysis of the long-term supply and demand for employment land in the city.
Housing Needs Analysis
Set of reports that analyze housing demand, supply and affordability.
Natural Resource Inventory
Inventories natural resources, including riparian corridors and wildlife habitat, in the city.
Infrastructure Condition and Capacity
Analysis of existing infrastructure condition and capacity.
Buildable Lands Inventory
Assessment of the City's capacity to accommodate projected changes in housing and employment.
Growth Scenarios Report
The report describes the environmental, social, economic and energy consequences of expected development in Portland through the year 2035.
Community Involvement Program
The Community Involvement Program serves as a framework to carry out policies from Chapter 2: Community Involvement, and will apply to legislative land use and transportation projects initiated by the City of Portland.
Public facilities plans
Interactive Zoning and Comprehensive Plan Map
Map of Major Transportation Projects
1980 Comprehensive Plan
No longer in effect as of 1 p.m., May 24, 2018
The community vision created through the visionPDX process as well as values, trends and challenges. It was adopted by City Council in September 2007.
The Portland Plan
2035 Comprehensive Plan Periodic Review
Periodic Review Work Plan
Task 1: Community Involvement
Task 2: Inventory and Analysis
- Buildable Lands Inventory (BLI)
- Economic Opportunities Analysis
- Factual Basis Summary
- Housing Needs Analysis
- Infrastructure Condition and Capacity Report
- Natural Resources Inventory