This alignment has two potential connection points to the existing streetcar system, at Burnside/Couch Street or at Washington/Stark Street. The streetcar would then operate on Sandy Boulevard to reach the Hollywood Town Center.
This alignment includes the following attributes:
- Streetcar would travel along Sandy Boulevard to reach the Hollywood Town Center.
- Features two potential connection points to the existing streetcar system: at Burnside/Couch Street or at Washington/Stark Street
- Connects to existing transportation infrastructure, including MAX at Hollywood, and bus lines at MLK/Grand; 11th/12th; Glisan; and Cesar Chavez/Hollywood.
- The route is generally supported by medium density commercial/mixed use and multi-dwelling residential land use designations.
- Future development opportunity sites include: Burnside Bridgehead; Bakery Blocks (Franz); 21st Avenue Bridgehead; Pepsi Blocks; Fred Meyer area; North Laurelhurst (north of Sandy); and Hollywood Portal (NE Broadway area).
- Potential development limitations include Laurelhurst historic district and some nearby industrially-zoned properties.
View detailed maps of the context, land use & urban form, transportation, and development opportunities for Alignment A: