This alignment ties into the existing streetcar system at Martin Luther King Blvd and Oregon or Irving St. The streetcar would then cross I-84 on the 12th St bridge, operating on Irving St until it reaches Sandy Blvd. At Sandy, the streetcar would travel west to the Hollywood Town Center.
This alignment includes the following attributes:
- Ties into the existing streetcar system at Martin Luther King Boulevard and Oregon or Irving Street. The streetcar would then cross I-84 on the 12th street bridge, operating on Irving Street until it reaches Sandy Boulevard.
- Connects to existing transportation infrastructure, including MAX at NE 11th and Hollywood, and bus lines at MLK/Grand; 11th/12th; Glisan; and Cesar Chavez/Hollywood.
- The route is generally supported by medium density commercial/mixed use and multi-dwelling residential land use designations.
- Future development opportunity sites include: Lloyd Center area; Bakery Blocks (Franz); 21st Avenue Bridgehead; Pepsi Blocks; Fred Meyer area; North Laurelhurst (north of Sandy); and Hollywood Portal (NE Broadway area).
- Potential development limitations include Laurelhurst historic district and some nearby industrially-zoned properties.
View detailed maps of the context, land use & urban form, transportation, and development opportunities for Alignment B: