Garbage rates change on July 1
Most residential customers will see an increase on their monthly garbage bill starting July 1, 2021. The increase is primarily due to higher regionwide garbage disposal fees, as well as the larger amounts of garbage, recycling, yard waste and food scraps collected from households.
Note: Residential rates apply to houses and smallplexes (2-4 units); rates for multifamily communities and businesses are not set by the City.
Your monthly waste collection charge is based on the size of your garbage container. Call your garbage company to change the size of your container. Note: Some homes on the westside of Portland fall into the Westside Terrain rates area.
|Weight limit||60 pounds||85 pounds||135 pounds||175 pounds|
See all rates and how rates are set:
- Portland residential garbage rates (English)
- Tarifas de recolección residencial estándar en Portland (Spanish)
- Biểu giá dịch vụ xử lý rác cho khu dân cư Portland (Vietnamese)
- 波特兰市生活垃圾服务费率 (Simplified Chinese)
- Расценки на сбор мусора в жилых районах Портленда (Russian)
- Qiimayaasha qaadista qashinka xaafadaha ee Portland (Somali)
- Вартість послуг вивезення сміття у м. Портленд (Ukranian)
- Tarifele rezidențiale de colectare a gunoiului în Portland (Romanian)
- पोर्टल्याण्ड आवासीय फोहोरमैलाको दरहरू (Nepali)
- An Portland niwin kapich ren imwan aramas (Chuukese)
Renters: Property owners of residential (1-4 unit) rental properties are required to set up and pay for service for tenants.
Curbsider and Collection schedules
The Portland Curbsider will include a 12-month garbage collection schedule starting with July 2021. The Curbsider is mailed in late June.
See the Curbsider now, in purple or orange schedule versions:
To find out if your home is on a purple or orange collection schedule, look up your address, scroll down to Utilities, look for Garbage & Recycling, then click on "Download a printable schedule" – the schedule will be either purple or orange.
You can also sign up for garbage day reminders to get an email the day before your pick-up day with a reminder of which bins to set out.