Be a fearless recycler
In Portland, the items you can recycle are the same whether you are at home or at work. When you recycle correctly, more materials will get remanufactured into new things.
Top 6 items to keep out of your recycling container
Throw them in your garbage or better yet, don’t buy them in the first place!
- Plastic bags, plastic film and wrappers
- Paper and plastic drink cups, straws and coffee cups
- Frozen food boxes and trays
- To-go containers and “clamshells”
- Styrofoam™ blocks and foam peanuts
- Diapers, of course!
Learn what’s in and what’s out
You can also view the most confusing items at recycleornot.org, a site designed just for the Portland region, or follow Recycle or Not on Instagram (also available in Spanish: reciclarono.org and @reciclarono).