The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is hosting neighborhood events around the city this fall where people who live in the area can get rid of large, bulky trash items.
Due to limited dumpster space, these events are only for residents of the neighborhood. We cannot accept waste from businesses.
Boise and Eliot Dumpster Day
Saturday, Oct. 8
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Or until the dumpsters are full
Self Enhancement, Inc. (SEI), 3920 N Kerby Ave, Portland, OR 97227
What you can (and can't) drop off
Bring large, bulky items that don't fit in your garbage bin. Do not bring items that could be recycled or donated. All items will be disposed of as trash except for mattresses & microwaves which will be recycled.
Yes - Bring this!
- Furniture (couch, table, chair)
- Small appliances (toaster, vacuum, microwave)
- Wood (treated lumber & wood stumps)
No - Don't bring this!
- TVs & other electronics
- Appliances with freon (air conditioners, refrigerators, and freezers)
- Construction materials (except for wood)
- CFL light bulbs
- Propane tanks
- Chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, poisons, antifreeze, thinners & solvents, household cleaners)
- Car brakes and linings
More disposal & donation options
Or take a look at these drop-off and pick-up options for recycling, donation, and disposal.
Dumpster Day events are organized by the City of Portland Bureau of Planning and funded by the City of Portland Public Environment Management Office.