Looking to get rid of large items?
All of our fall 2022 events have ended, but there are many options to dispose of large, hard-to-dispose of items available all year round.
Fall 2022 Dumpster Day events
The City of Portland, in collaboration with community partners, hosted Dumpster Day events in September and October 2022 in the following neighborhoods:
- Montavilla (Sept. 24)
- Multnomah Village and Hillsdale (Oct. 1)
- Boise and Eliot (Oct. 8)
- Kenton and St. Johns (Oct. 22)
- Lents (Oct. 29)
Through these events, the following items were safely disposed of, recycled, and donated:
- Recycled: Over 100 mattresses, plus wood, metal, and broken electronics.
- Donated: 15 clean, reusable mattresses to Community Warehouse and IRCO.
- Landfilled: Over 700 cubic yards of large household waste, including damaged furniture, rugs, and more.
Thank you to our event partners
Self Enhancement Inc., Montavilla Church, Multnomah Arts Center, and Portland Public Schools generously allowed us to use their parking areas for these events.
Our contractors assured the events ran smoothly from start to finish: NxNE Health Clinic, Trash for Peace, Montavilla Neighborhood Association, Junk It Junk Removal, Frog & Toad Hauling, Chetco Construction, COR, Recology, Spotless Dumpster, SaniCan, D&H Flagging, Community Warehouse, Metro, and IRCO. Also thank you to the community organizations that promoted these events within their communities.
These events were organized by the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability and funded by the Public Environment Management Office.