On Wednesday, February 16, City Council heard public testimony on the proposals to better protect Portland’s forests, streams, rivers, and wetlands in the Ezone Map Correction Project. Nearly 50 people testified and many more submitted written testimony. Received testimony covered a variety of topics, ranging from support for increased protections for natural resources to concerns about how project proposals would impact individual sites.
Now commissioners are developing their amendments to the proposals based on that public testimony. Members of the public will be invited to submit testimony on the proposed amendments, which will be posted on the Ezone Project website on April 6. Council will also hear public testimony on their amendments on April 14 at 2 p.m.
Council will hold additional meetings later this spring to deliberate on the Ezone Project before voting on adoption of the project recommendations.
City Council Schedule
- February 16 at 2 p.m.: First Public Hearing on Recommended Draft
- March 16: Last day to conduct site visits
- April 6: Proposed amendments published on Ezone Project website
- April 14 at 2 p.m.: Public Hearing on proposed Council amendments
- TBD: Deliberation
- TBD: Final Vote
Review the Recommended Draft
The Recommended Draft of the Ezone Map Correction Project is available for review and comment. There are two ways to view the documents:
- Download a copy of the documents at www.portland.gov/bps/ezones/project-documents
- Look up your property at portlandmaps.com/bps/mapapp click on “Ezone Project” and look up a street address.
Testify to City Council
On April 14 at 2 p.m., City Council will hold a public hearing on the Ezone Map Correction Project proposals. Community members will be able to testify about the proposed Ezones on their property, in their neighborhood, or about the project proposals in general. There are two ways to provide testimony on the Recommended Draft:
- Submit written testimony.Because this meeting will be held virtually, we strongly encourage electronic written testimony. Written testimony must be received by the time of the hearing and must include your name and address. The written record is currently closed, but it will reopen on April 6. Written testimony may be submitted between April 6 and April 14.
- Use the Map App:
Click on "Ezone Project" then click the "Testify" button.
Testifying in the Map App is as easy as sending an email. This option will be available between April 6 and April 14.
- Use U.S. Mail:
Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission
Ezone Map Correction Project Testimony
1810 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 710
Portland, OR 97201
- Testify at the hearingon April 14. The agenda for the City Council hearing will be posted a week before the hearing. The hearing will be held via video conference, and you may testify by phone or video conference. The deadline for testimony registration is April 13 at 4 p.m.. Visit the City Council agenda website to sign up to testify: https://www.portland.gov/council/agenda